I have my doubts when I hear or read that the stylish people of the world don’t let trends dictate their outfits. How could their styles be so classic and ever evolving without the constant turn-around of trends? (Blazers & slouchy V-necks weren’t always the simple & chic “cool girl” items we think of now.) I’m definitely not advocating the purchase of each and every piece of trendy clothing, but I wanted to start this weekly post to highlight a current trend that you can easily mix into your everyday wardrobe.
This week’s trendspotting is: Fringe!
1. Deux Lux Fold Messenger Bag – I think bags are the easiest way to wear this trend. It’s bold and fun, and something that doesn’t overwhelm your entire outfit.
2. Sam Edelman Fringe Skirt – On the other spectrum of things, this skirt jumps head first into the fringe trend. I definitely want to try this out, but I would keep everything else really simple: white V-neck, black strappy heels (similar to the above image), and minimal jewelry.
4. Minnetonka Fringe Sandals – This brand has always been a classic (remember everyone wearing those slip-on moccasins in high school? *cough* still have mine *cough*), and I love that they do spring-style shoes as well as their familiar boots.
5. H&M Fringe Skirt – This look is a bit more subtle than the longer skirt. I love the delicate fringe, and have already seen this skirt on a few big-time style bloggers. Grab it up!
6. Splurge: Rebecca Minkoff Kai Fringe & Tassel Crossbody – I’m not one to splurge on a “trend” item, but as I mentioned above, maybe it will become your instant classic? Plus, Rebecca Minkoff makes amazing bags – look at ALL the fringe! :D